Trip and I at the Washington Monument and then the Monument from behind the reflecting pool:
This is of the new World World II Memorial. They have these panels all around the memorial. I took some close ups of them because they were so detailed:
This photo is of the Korean War Memorial- really kind of freaky. The "soldiers" have disproportionate features like oversized heads, hands and eyes. But still, kind of cool. Freaky, yes. Cool, yes. Suffice it to say, I don't want to get caught here after dark. Spoooky.
This is of a man doing an etching at the Vietnam Memorial:
And finally, a quick shot of the island where David proposed to Lauren. Collective sigh. Very beautiful (and Lauren promised me that at the time of the proposal there were no homeless men on the island like there were when we were there). ;-)
So, anyway, after we returned, of course there was no resting up for Ali. We returned on Sunday and I was up at 4:20 am Monday morning (it wasn't bright and early- more like dreary, dark, depressing and early) to catch a 6:50 am flight to Boston for a couple of depositions at the Perkins School for the Blind. A sad irony is how absolutely beautiful the campus is- the leaves were changing and were deeps shades of red, yellow and orange; there were beautiful old stone buildings and churches everywhere you looked; and people were rowing gracefully along the river. But I digress- I was going for sympathy for my long day and got myself diverted. Anyway, I didn't get home until 12:30 am that next morning. Ugh. It was a freaking long day.
So, hopefully the rest of the week will be easy. Okay, I have a mediation on Friday and leave Sunday for Salt Lake City, but a girl can dream, can't she?