As for this weekend, in a few hours I am heading off for my first golf lesson with a female pro out here in the Landings. I hear she is fabulous. Why is Ali getting a golf lesson, you ask? Not because Trip wants me to. Not because my mom and dad have been trying to get me to play since I was kid. Not because it would be a nice way to have family time. No, I am getting a golf lesson because of the defiant streak in me that I inherited from my dad. It is because my firm, a great firm but a firm dominated by men, organizes these "firm events" which always include a golf tournament. It is because there are never any women at these events because none of us play golf. It is because I want to be that estrogen-pumping monkey wrench thrown in the middle of all that testosterone. Just to stir things up. Just because they probably don't want any estrogen around. Just because that is the kind of woman I am. Defiant.
New Way To Build Your Business
6 days ago