It was most definitely a Monday yesterday. It was so much of a Monday that I couldn't even write this blog entry until today. Yeah, you heard it.
To start it all off, I have the all-time crappiest car in Georgia. I can't call it just a lemon because that allows for the possibly of it being a nice, slightly sweet and slightly tart fruit which can make a dish quite delectable. My car is not that kind of lemon. For anyone out there even toying with getting a Saab (I doubt there are many of you, and rightly so), thank your lucky stars you have me and my wealth of experience. If it isn't an alert for low coolant for the 5th time or airbag malfunction or service required OR headlight misalignment (are you kidding me?), it is a broken bumper or problems with the sunroof and navigation system. And let's remember I have had the car for a grand total of two years (bought it new). And that any time I have a problem I have to cross state lines to get it fixed. Now that was just pure stupidity on my part.
Anyway, bright and early yesterday morning I had to take my car to the shop for damage that wasn't picked up by either the insurance company or the body repair shop when it was fixed two months ago. What was the damage? A bumper hanging off the front. I know- easy to miss. On my way there my new phone stops working for the 73rd time in a couple days. I get to the shop and the battle over the damage begins. I get sassy. We all know I can do it. And when I am stressed and my patience level is low (let's be fair, non-existent), Sassy Sawyer comes out. She came out over and over again dealing with Mr. Pain in my Ass handling the insurance claim. I even called his supervisor and ripped it up some more. I bet there is a red flag in their system under my name.
So, once I finally get to the office I discover that my computer is not working. Then I take a very large gulp of hot tea and for some reason unbeknown to me, my airway completely revolts and before I can even turn in my chair to face the trash can, I shower my non-functioning computer, keyboard, all my important papers and my clothes in hot tea. Why not? Later I have to deal with more issues caused by my new and, remember, currently semi-functioning phone and I attempted to figure out how my boss and I could be in fifteen locations (okay, only six) in the coming five days. All before 10:30 am. Fortunately for me, my sanity (and blood pressure) and the overall well-being of anyone within my vicinity, my sweet Dad took me to lunch, let me rail, whine and moan for a while and then calmed me down. Aaaahh.
And today has been a day chock full of putting out fires. Is this how 2009 is going to be? Really? Really. I am hoping it is just a rambunctious and lively bang to the new year and that it will mellow out soon. Maybe?