Saturday, March 7, 2009

Derby Daze

We (okay, me) decided that it was high time we attended a Derby Devils "bout." This is, in case you didn't know, where a group of hard core chicks skate around and ram each other. Let's put it this way, I am way too, um, "delicate" to even pretend that I could be on one of these teams. Some of these chicks were downright terrifying. Trip was upset that "Mea SlapaHo" was not skating tonight. People, I cannot make this stuff up.
We ate dinner beforehand and then did a little tailgating college-style. Bret and Adrienne brought their world famous (certainly at least East Coast famous) mojitos. Yummm.
We sat in the "Suicide" section.
You can see just how "suicide" the seats were from these photos. A shout out to Royce for taking these great action shots.
The best part was the tailgating between "jams."
A good time was had by all.