Friday, July 3, 2009

"The Ring"

Okay, okay- I am posting something new to appease those of you who have threatened to take me off your reader. As I am sure you understand, sometimes you withdrawal from certain things when you are going through a tough and challenging time in your life. One of the things from which I withdrew was this blog. But I plan to keep the chin up, be positive and move on. Anyway, enough of all that. I thought you would enjoy a couple random things.

Random Category 1: Trip. Here is my sexy hubby modeling a shirt he knows I simply, uh, adore. I don't care who you are, no one can pull off a muscle shirt. Trip likes to throw this one on on occasion just to get me fired up. The woman who teaches a fitness class he takes is named Jodie. Apparently she had a house of pain at some point. Oh, and she was a gladiator on that show a few years back called, creatively, "Gladiator." Her name was "Dynamite" in case you were wondering. Somebody needs a permit for these guns.

Random Category 2: Pittsburgh, PA. My beautiful cousin Jessica got married in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. My parents, brother, grandpa and I (among others, obviously), flew up there to celebrate. Jess married a very sweet guy named Chris who is in charge of the turf at the Heinz stadium (Pittsburgh Steelers). They had their rehearsal dinner in the press room/ press dining room at the stadium. It was a lot of fun. This is my dad, Ray, taking care of business in the press room. Give 'em hell Dad!
And here is my brother, Justin, striking a pose for me outside the press dining room. So handsome. So pensive. So making fun of me.
Now, although Jess and Chris were certainly the centers of attention, to be completely honest, Chris's superbowl ring upstaged them for the evening. He was one of only a few folks who received a "player's" superbowl ring. This ring was massive. And don't think the Sawyers didn't totally take advantage of the opportunity to strike a few poses with that thing. Here is "the ring." And yes, those are all diamonds.
And my personal favorite is below. As my dad says "don't mess with the best or you die like the rest:"
The day of the wedding we did a little sightseeing around Pittsburgh, which included a ride on one of the old trams to the top of "the mountain."
And a very cute shot of the parents in matching clothes (although not planned). Have I mentioned how much I love these guys?
Anyway, the rehearsal dinner was fun, the wedding was a great success and the bride was gorgeous. I am so very glad I was able to be a part of their celebration.

And that is all I plan to post tonight. I hope this holds you over for a few days. And thanks for sticking in there with me and this blog.