I know that I promised to keep this blog updated with pregnancy photos, but you cannot always predict what may prevent you from doing what you say you will do. In this case, per the usual course of this pregnancy, I encountered some complications which kept me from updating the blog. I had preterm labor at 32 weeks and was immediately put in the hospital, which was followed by a lovely three week modified bedrest regime. However, it worked! I was willing to do absolutely anything to keep Lila safe and I am happy to say that I am now 36 1/2 weeks pregnant- a feat I wasn't sure was going to happen a month ago. To say that this pregnancy hasn't been easy would be a gross understatement. Trip and I (and those who love and care about us) have certainly been challenged beyond anything we imagined. It seems to be one complication after another,
but, I try to never lose sight of how blessed we are to be pregnant and that, very soon, we will meet this little blessing, Lila Grace.
In the meantime, I took a couple of photos during the past few weeks. The first was at the end of 34 weeks and the second is 36 weeks. I look extra rough in the first photo since I was still on bedrest at the time and not feeling too festive. My belly has gotten, in my mind, exponentially bigger in this last week or two and I most definitely have begun the "waddle."


Since Lila is breech, we are having a planned cesarean section in a few weeks, if I make it that long. Trip and I are considering asking to have it done a little earlier than planned (which is now July 29th). I will keep you posted!