Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good news!

Yesterday while I was enjoying, immensely, spending the day and evening with my family, the partners at my law firm were having their yearly retreat. Although I had no idea I was on the agenda, I received a call from my fabulous boss (after he had celebrated sneaking out of the meeting early with a few martinis) to let me know that they are offering me partnership in the firm, if I choose, starting January of next year! I am honored that they respect me and view me as an equal. I will keep you posted. . .

As for yesterday, we had a blast with my parents and my brother and his family. The girls absolutely loved the huge (two story twisty) water slide here at one of our association pools. My six year old niece went down all by herself and the two year old thrill seeker went down countless times with my brother. Immediately once they hit the water she'd yell "Again!" It was a great time.

And finally, my wonderful friend from college, Mark, and his beautiful wife, Julie, had a baby BOY yesterday! YAY!! Not to brag, but I predicted a boy. I have been right about the sex of all my friends' little ones except one- Mary Paige, darn you for ruining my streak! But I LOVE Campbell, so I guess it's okay. :-) I think perhaps I should consider a side business. . . Anyway, congrats to them! Below is a picture of Mark and Julie at our wedding- what a trooper she was!


Those are the updates. Whew. Good news all around!