Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Red shoes

They say you can't have a bad day when wearing red shoes, so I threw my bright red high heels on today. But the day- not as bright. Yesterday I took the depositions of a plaintiff and his family members. It took almost ten hours and was exhausting. Plus, doing medical malpractice work can pull on your heartstrings and emotionally wear you out. So I started today off pooped. I mean really really pooped. But I threw on those red heels and headed to work. Update, red shoes don't give you energy. Neither does caffeine, apparently. I. couldn't. keep. my. eyes. open.

I was on my way back from the kitchen after retrieving yet another mug of something with caffeine when a man in our office commented on my fancy red shoes. I told him you can't have a bad day when wearing red shoes. At the exact moment I finished the comment, I tripped on a wooden step and, in an attempt to avoid totally wiping out, I over-corrected and spilled my hot tea all over my arms, outfit and yes, the red shoes. I truly believe my skills at tripping and falling are unparalleled. If clumsiness were an Olympic sport- I'd be going home with a gold. I decided it was time to call it a day. Damn red shoes.