Saturday, February 28, 2009

Horsing Around

Well, heeeeello there. This is Whim.

Whim is my fabulous friend Jen's horse. Whim is nice- we like Whim. However, apparently Whim is not a fan of being ridden- at least not yet. Jen is working on that. Like here, below:

Jen is working that whip. Whip it good. Whip it real good.

Jen was awesome today and braved taking me out to teach me how to ride a horse on an English saddle. I have only ridden about four times in my life- each time on a Western saddle. There is a big difference. That difference would be that on an English saddle there is no big hump to hang onto, which is slightly intimidating. But I had a total blast. Jen has promised to let me tag along and teach me some more- it is going to be awesome. Trip even wants to give it a shot- love it.

Here I am riding Jen's other horse, Rusty. Rusty is pretty damn funny. He does his own thing but is great to learn on. I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

This is Whim checking out some of the other horses at the stable. I thought it was so sweet to see them nuzzling, but then after I took this photo, Whim bit the brown horse. Poor brown horse.
And here is another shot of the pre-bite nuzzle in sepia, in case you were wondering what it might look like. I know that is the kind of thing on everyone's mind nowadays.
I can't wait to see Trip ride Rusty. You can bet those photos will be up on this blog pronto.