Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ole!

Today is my hubby's birthday- the big 3-1. My sweet parents wanted to do a dinner for him in celebration so Trip and I, along with some of his side of the family, went over last night for a "Mexican Fiesta." My mom had asked Trip what he wanted for dinner and, much to her utter bewilderment, he said Mexican. My mom is a traditional kind of gal and this was going to be her first foray into the world of Mexican food (cooking not eating- she isn't that traditional). Although nervous, she was game. After watching at least four YouTube videos on how to make fajitas, multiple trips to the grocery store, and a good pep talk from me, she pulled it off and, might I add, quite expertly! Mmmm, peppers.
My dad mastered the fine art of making margaritas. Here is mom with what she has decided is her new "favorite" drink. Ole! Oh, and Trip decided everyone needed "Mexican" names for the evening so he was "Taco," dad was "Poncho," mom was "Margarita," and I was "Gaudalupe" (my choice, don't be hating on Trip for that one).
Trip opened some gifts, one of which was a huggie pillow lamb from his mom (long story). He has decided to name his "Chops." Here is Trip with Chops.
And here is Trip with Chops after I made him smile for at least the sixth time (I couldn't get my camera settings right).
So, needless to say, the evening was a success. Trip claims he ate so much that he hasn't been hungry all day today. I think that says it all.