So, couple of things. I went to Boston to meet with an expert (not a dermatologist, which you will learn the relevance of in a minute, but a trauma surgeon). In the midst of our discussion about spinal cord injuries, he looks at me and says "wow, you really lack all pigment in your skin," to which I responded, "yes, I am aware of that." He can't just let it go. He follows it up with a "I sure hope you aren't a sun-worshiper because you truly are a high risk for skin cancers." Um, thanks. "I mean, you really have to be careful, you are
completely lacking in pigmentation." Yeah, got it. Geesh, can't a girl just be pale? Coincidentally, I got a spray tan today (it was scheduled
before the above-referenced discussion). Yes, I did. And if you haven't done it, I suggest you try it (with the strong caveat that you go to someone highly recommended- otherwise you could look like someone dumped a bucket of tan on you, and not in a good way). And I found out tonight that it is made up mostly of sugar cane so I feel even better about it. Any time I am forced to wear anything of a formal variety (we have to go to an awards dinner Friday), I feel the need to spray on up since more than my forearms will be visible. Again, no need to cause retina burn on unsuspecting folk.
tikitansonline.com/spraytanning.htmlNow, let's all pretend this is me, shall we?
Okay, so on to my second point. I have found another blogger I L-O-V-E.
www.dooce.com. She is hysterical. She does these "Daily Chucks" of her dog and below is my favorite because there is a little something in there for everyone. And by everyone I mean Bo and Daisy. Her Chuck is my Bo in that they both bark their ever-loving heads off at anything that moves outside (although I am willing to bet Chuck doesn't sound like a neurotic
female schnauzer- poor Bo-Bo) and her Coco and my Daisy are soul mates in their affinity for the poop.
http://www.dooce.com/daily-chuck/2008/11/07/baggage.