Facebook has this trend going around where you write down 25 random things about yourself and share it with your friends. Now, since I am still a little leery about totally trusting the whole FB idea, I decided to keep my list short (only 10) and fairly impersonal. I thought I would post it up on my blog as well. I have decided to add ten more in just for kicks. i wouldn't want any blog readers who are also on FB to have wasted a trip to my blog, now would I?
1) I have a secret, or not so secret, desire to one day become a professional photographer. In case you were wondering, it isn't going so well.
2) Two things on my "to do before I die" list include to ride a camel (get your minds out of the gutter) and to sing in a jazz club.
3) I used to sleep with a loaded .38 under a pillow on my bed. Don't judge me- if you had the neighbors I had, you would have too- trust me. And the first time I shot a .38 I hit the very center of the bullseye. The target was up on my fridge for about a year afterward. Thanks to my 6'4 husband and gated community, the gun has moved into a drawer.
4) I have the most amazing parents a person could ever have. Period. End of discussion.
5) I have a tendency to ride peoples' bumpers.
6) I cannot take you seriously if you misuse "your," "you're," "a lot," "their," and "there." And don't put it past me to mention a misspelling on a menu to a waitress.
7) One of my favorite meals is sushi followed up with a hot and now Krispy Kreme doughnut (or three). Unfortunately, lately my strongest cravings are for mozzarella cheese sticks. Why can't I crave fruit or a good work out?
8) I was the absolute worst waitress in college. I even had nightmares about waiting tables. If it came down to working as a check out girl or as a waitress, point me to my cash register.
9) If/ when I have kids, I will try my absolute hardest to convince them to live abroad for a year like I did. The experiences and lessons learned are invaluable.
10) Once in law school I had, in the same night, a rat the size of a cat get caught in a trap in my kitchen (the metal slingy part came to just under it's beady eyes if that gives you any indication) and a roach fall onto my bare back while I was sleeping. Believe it or not, it was a very cute apartment just not well constructed. Come to think of it, the sewer also backed up into the tub once too. . . I think I was trying to block that memory.
_______________________________________
11) I have been told that I throw my head back when I laugh. Apparently it is pretty noticeable and, I am sure, probably a little annoying too.
12) I used to B-E-G my parents unmercifully for a waterbed as a kid. They finally gave in and got me one and I absolutely loved it. I think the best part of it was that it was sooooo warm. I think the worst part of it was waking up with my face stuck to the plastic. Or maybe getting wedged between the side of the frame and halfway under the water mattress. Or maybe nailing my head on one of the wooden corners. Whatever, I loved it anyway.
3) I used to sleep with a loaded .38 under a pillow on my bed. Don't judge me- if you had the neighbors I had, you would have too- trust me. And the first time I shot a .38 I hit the very center of the bullseye. The target was up on my fridge for about a year afterward. Thanks to my 6'4 husband and gated community, the gun has moved into a drawer.
4) I have the most amazing parents a person could ever have. Period. End of discussion.
5) I have a tendency to ride peoples' bumpers.
6) I cannot take you seriously if you misuse "your," "you're," "a lot," "their," and "there." And don't put it past me to mention a misspelling on a menu to a waitress.
7) One of my favorite meals is sushi followed up with a hot and now Krispy Kreme doughnut (or three). Unfortunately, lately my strongest cravings are for mozzarella cheese sticks. Why can't I crave fruit or a good work out?
8) I was the absolute worst waitress in college. I even had nightmares about waiting tables. If it came down to working as a check out girl or as a waitress, point me to my cash register.
9) If/ when I have kids, I will try my absolute hardest to convince them to live abroad for a year like I did. The experiences and lessons learned are invaluable.
10) Once in law school I had, in the same night, a rat the size of a cat get caught in a trap in my kitchen (the metal slingy part came to just under it's beady eyes if that gives you any indication) and a roach fall onto my bare back while I was sleeping. Believe it or not, it was a very cute apartment just not well constructed. Come to think of it, the sewer also backed up into the tub once too. . . I think I was trying to block that memory.
_______________________________________
11) I have been told that I throw my head back when I laugh. Apparently it is pretty noticeable and, I am sure, probably a little annoying too.
12) I used to B-E-G my parents unmercifully for a waterbed as a kid. They finally gave in and got me one and I absolutely loved it. I think the best part of it was that it was sooooo warm. I think the worst part of it was waking up with my face stuck to the plastic. Or maybe getting wedged between the side of the frame and halfway under the water mattress. Or maybe nailing my head on one of the wooden corners. Whatever, I loved it anyway.

13) Every time I roll my shoulders back, my lip snarls.
14) I stress out each time I go to a place where you pick what to put on your sandwich (like Subway) or burrito (like Moe's). I never ask for everything I actually want because I worry that the person fixing it is getting impatient with me.
15) I still hold out hope that one day someone will discover an easy and inexpensive way to make me tan.
16) In school, I used to look around the room and decide what animal each person looked like. I got really good at it and convinced myself that others had to see what I was seeing because it was so obvious.
17) I L-O-V-E-D going to school at the University of Tennessee. University of Georgia for law school- not so much.
18) My all time favorite car was my black 4-runner named Etta. She was named after Etta James because she was big, black and beautiful. My second favorite car was my first car- a gray Honda Accord named The Rubbernecker.
19) Once in high school, my friend Catherine and I dressed up in all black leather, teased our hair out, put on heavy makeup and drove around downtown in her dad's extra long station wagon (it had a bench seat, an 8-track player and the reverse gear was broken) with all the windows down blasting "Bad to the Bone" totally straight-faced. We thought we were hilarious. And, I swear to you, we weren't the only ones. (Btw, the one we drove was a good bit longer than this one).

20) I have dipped tobacco three times in my life. Once to get into a high school sorority and twice in college with my friend Mindy (she was a regular dipper and had a green Camaro named "Chauncey" if that gives you any idea). The chew, along with a teensy bit of alcohol, gave me such a buzz that I ran around a corner and hit the door frame square in the face, causing my contact lens to fly out of my eye. About ten people dropped to the floor and, yes, we found it.